Newsletters: Gravity Forms extension« Extensions
The Gravity Forms Subscribers extension plugin has the following requirements:
1. Make sure that you have the WordPress Newsletter plugin installed and that you have purchased the Gravity Forms Subscribers Extension.
2. Download Gravity Forms Subscribers Extension extension from the downloads management section in a ZIP archive (you may need to login to your Tribulant Software account in order to access your download).
3. Extract the ZIP archive named
newsletters-gforms.zip in order to be presented with a single folder named
4. Upload the
newsletters-gforms folder to the
wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation, like seen in the example image below.
Once you have installed the Gravity Forms Subscribers extension via FTP you need to activate it.
To activate it you need to go to the normal Plugins > Installed Plugins section via your admin sidebar. There you will see the extension as a plugin listed amongst other plugins, look at the screenshot below.
Once you activate the plugin, then in “Newsletters > Extensions” section, the Gravity Forms Subscribers extension is now available to be activated. When you hover it a red “Activate” will appear, once activated the red message on the right becomes green text stating “Installed and Activated“. The Gravity Forms Subscribers extension is now available to use when creating your Gravity Forms.
First you need to either create or edit a Gravity Forms plugin form. Add the fields that you need by dragging and dropping them into place. As seen in the screenshot above, there is now a “Newsletters” field which can be dragged into your form. This is the field responsible for the checkbox to subscribe. Drag it into place and open up the Field Options to begin configuring it as seen in the screenshot below
The follow settings will affect the behaviour of the checkbox and subscription
- Field Label: This setting determines the text that will be displayed above the checkbox
- Auto Check: This setting determines whether or not the checkbox to subscribe is selected by default or not. Yes to have it selected on form load, No to require the user to check the box before submitting.
- Checkbox Label: This field is simply the text that is displayed next to the checkbox to indicate it’s purpose.
- Mailing List(s): The available cheekbones here determine which mailing lists the person will be subscribed to upon submitting the form.
- Custom Fields: All the Custom Fields that have been added to the Newsletter plugin are available here to select which fields from Gravity the values will be populated from. For example, the “Your Name” custom field created in the Newsletter plugin has the “Name” field selected for the Gravity field in the above screenshot. Meaning that upon submission, if the subscribe checkbox is select then the Name field from the Gravity plugin will populate the Your Name custom field in for the subscriber in the Newsletter plugin.