WordPress Slideshow Gallery plugin
This is a free slideshow plugin and is licensed under the terms of the GPL license. There is no cost charged, all the source code is provided and you may modify the slideshow gallery plugin according to your needs.
- WordPress 2.9 or higher
- PHP 5 or higher
- MySQL 4 or higher
- Go to ‘Plugins’ in your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Slideshow and click the ‘Activate’ link.
- The menu item ‘Slideshow’ will appear in your menu. Go to ‘Slideshow’ > ‘Configuration’.
- Read carefully through the Configuration and select the options that best suit what you
- Click on the blue ‘Save Settings’ at the top of the page when you are done.
Creating a Slideshow
- Create a New Post/Page
- Upload the pictures you want on appear in the slideshow. Upload/insert button in the TinyMCE editor. Try to keep them all the same size.
- If the image’s heights are bigger than the default height change the Configuration setting
- When all the images are uploaded use the
[ slideshow ]short code in the post/page.
- Save the Post/Page.
Working with an existing Gallery
- Use the
[ slideshow post_id=X ]where X is the number of the post id that has the Gallery of Images.
- Add slides under ‘Slideshow‘ > ‘Manage Slides‘.
- Output slideshow with custom slides using
[ slideshow custom=1 ].
(please remove the spaces above after [ and before ] in order for the short codes to work).